Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our..uh Masterpiece







I am a bit of a perfectionist and usually create a pretty cute pumpkin, but this year I let go of the reins (I am doing this alot these days) and let the boys help with the carving. And no I have not totally lost my mind and let my boys touch knives.
I cut the top off and let the boys scoop out the seeds. Lets jusy say they did not dig the goo factor at all! Isaiah cried like I was making him commit murder, but eventually saw that it wasnt kill the rest of us so he attempted it.
Then the boys took turns drawing parts of the face and I cut them out.
While we were carving, the seeds were toasting in the oven.
I lightly coated them in oil and let the boys sprinkle salt on top. Baked them on 350 for about 15 mins and yummmy!
And our pumpkin is finshed! Although I just realized its on the 15th (lol) this thing will be a mess by the 31st! Oh well we get to carve another one!!

2 comments:

Naye said...

Looks like your boys did a great job. We haven't carved ours yet. We normally wait until Hollo Eve to do it then snack on the yummy seeds, and sit our masterpiece outside to show off. Last time we sat ours outdoors too soon and the pesky squirrels had a field day with it, lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks like fun! We have lots of pumpkins growing in our mulch pit (long story) but they are all pretty small.

Thanks for the comment on my MSM guest post!