Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Things I Am Thankful For

Since I have been such a dramatic Debbie Downer lately, I decided that writing out what I am thankful for might give me so perspective.

1. Neil (a.k.a hubby)- My best friend, who I happen to like to "snuggle" a lot. Which of course leads to all these pregnancies (see I do know what causes it). We have been through so much, being broke, infertility, three sons, finding out one has autism, losing another son, and now five other miscarriages. I can always count on him to be my rock.
The Hubs
2. My sons- There doesn't even need to be an explanation here, they are just fabulous.

3. Family- The slightly disastrous motley crew that we are, is awesome.

4. Having enough- While we might struggle sometimes, we have a roof over ours heads, two running cars, food, and even enough to have fun sometimes.

5. Living in Florida- I am pretty sure I would shrivel up and die without living near the beach and Disney.
Wishes
031
6. Friends- The kind words and support the past few weeks have been overwhelming.

7. Edited to Add: My dearest sister, Mandy, who is so cool she makes the North Pole look like the Sahara desert. (at her suggestion, well actually her exact words :)

6 comments:

Issa said...

One of the hardest things is finding light in all that darkness. I know.

You did good. This is a great list.

ps. your boys are adorable. Hugs honey. It'll get easier. Promise.

mom2nji said...

Thanks hun. I have clawed out of the dark before and I know I can do it again. It just takes a while. Thank you for the support.

Mandy Barrett said...

I like this list. :)

Of course it would be better with one more on the list: My dearest sister, Mandy, who is so cool she makes the North Pole look like the Sahara desert.

Sarah R said...

How about: and Sarah, the one who I stole the list idea from! lololol

It's good to think of things that make you happy. It's so easy to fall into despair.

Woo222 said...

Wow your photos are spectacular. This list is rockstar. I always admire your positivity. I know it isn't easy. I've really missed talking to you on FB lately. :(

I especially am madly in love with how you worded this: "The slightly disastrous motley crew that we are, is awesome."

All the suggestions you're getting in the comments crack me up. You don't have to claw your way out alone, darlin. You are SO loved by so many people. Including me. Sending you hugs and all my love, S

Annah said...

I think I commented already but your sons should be modeling. They're so cutie.