Saturday, May 15, 2010

Disney and Special Needs

A little while back I did a guest post (my first ever!!) over at Theme Park Mom about our experiences in taking a child with autism to the Disney Parks. I was very proud of the post and was thrilled to spread the message to other special needs parents.

The help Disney provides is not just for Autism and like issues. Recently a friend, who has child with food allergies, went to Magic Kingdom. The staff went out of their way to make sure her food was safe. I have witnessed on many occasions, the head chef of a restaurant come from the back to speak directly with guests about how to prepare food in the safest manner.

You would think in with a business as big as Disney, millions of people constantly visiting, they would not be able to take the time to make sure each special need is taken care of, but they manage to every visit (and we go a lot!)

If you are planning a trip to the parks with a special need of any kind, take the time to visit a guest relations center and talk to them about the best options for you to have a great visit.

**I was not paid or compensated in any way for this or any Disney post I do.

3 comments:

PrincessJenn said...

I'm glad you shared this. I had no idea this was the case and it's good for people with special needs kids to know. Why make your life more difficult than it needs to be?

MollyinMinn said...

I too have heard amazing things about Disney and their support of park visitors with special needs. Always great to hear that it's really the case. Good for them!

Courtney in FL said...

Great to know! We have yearly passes but have had to opt out of a line due to a sensory over-load meltdown more times than I can count. Happy to know that I can ask for help next time if need be!