Saturday, May 29, 2010

Follow Up

The feeling of dread hit me on Thursday night, on Friday afternoon I was going to have to visit the doctor I swore I would never see again for my post op follow up. I was just SURE he was going to push an IUD, birth control, or worse a tubal on me.

I was pleasantly shocked, though.

Not only did he not recommend birth control, he said he admired our tenacity to continue to try. He said that the scope they used during the d&c showed a perfectly healthy uterus, no scar tissue like his partner swore I had. He also said there is a great possibility, that I do have a clotting disorder and blood thinners of some kind could help us have a baby. He said he has complete faith we WILL have a baby.

I go to the high risk doctor for follow up in the next week sometime and he will run more extensive tests.

I left the ob office in tears, but not out of sadness like I expected. The man I never wanted to see again, gave me something I lost in the last two weeks, HOPE.

I am working on feeling better a little more day by day. I will be happy again. This is all so hard, I am not sure how/why we keep trudging through this, but we do, together.

On a side note, I am drowning in school work. I took a half term online class and it is kicking my ass.

4 comments:

Sarah R said...

A blood disorder? Did he tell you what the name of this disorder this? You know I'm curious.
Hope is a WONDERFUL thing!

mom2nji said...

Not sure which on yet, there are many that I could have, which is the reason for the testing. MTHFR and factor v are two, but they have many mutations.

Ronda said...

I'm so glad that you were given some hope and something to move forward with! I hope the next app goes well and they can help you to have another healthy baby, if that's what you decide to do. Either way I wish the best for you and your family!

Woo222 said...

wow. I'm kinda speechless by the doc's turn around, but it's about farking time somebody act like they were listening to you. Scuse my french, yo.

Hope is essential, hope is EVERYTHING. Without hope, everything in life shrivels. I love you very much, Jenni. I'm curious to hear more. Love, S