Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Snow Cone Syrup Recipe

I posted, that I made this yesterday and several people asked for the recipe. It is the easiest thing I have ever made!

009
Easy Snow Cone Syrup
2 cups sugar
1 cup water

1 or 2 packets of Koolaid

Bring water and sugar to a rolling boil, let boil one minute. It should reach 230F, the stage for simple syrup. If you don't have a candy thermometer, just eye it. After a minute boiling the sugar should be totally dissolved.

Remove from heat and whisk in the koolaid packet(s).

Let cool.

I poured mine into empty squeeze bottles. You can use something like that, a pump, or even just spoon it over the ice.

Some people feel one packet of Koolaid is not enough flavor. I used two and WOW. It's strong, you need to use WAY less than you would with the store bought stuff. Can't wait to try new flavors.

2 comments:

alicia said...

Yum. Perfect fun recipe for summer. Thanks for sharing.

Alicia

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, I LOVE snow cones! I probably would love this homemade syrup better than store-bought.

Steph