Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

In a time long, long ago, back in my er.. friskier days, I thought Valentines Day was a commercial holiday for the suckers trapped by monogamy.
Then when I met dh and became one of those suckers, it was all about lavishing gifts on each other.
Flash forward 12 years and its now about this:


A Valentines gift never meant so much, did you see that?
Noah wrote the card himself!
Snuggle your loved ones a little closer today.
And if you want something sweet I made the yummiest chocolate covered strawberries last night, I would have put a pic up, but we devoured them already.

Super Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
1 Pack Strawberries
1 bag Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp shortening

melt the chips and shortening in the microwave
one minute then stir, then in 30 second increments until melted

Dip cleaned and dried strawberries in chocolate
(you may need to zap the chocolate few times if it gets too stiff while dipping)
place on a plate (you may want to very lightly oil the plate mine got stuck lol)
Cool in the fridge for about and hour, and try not to eat half of them before they harden.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, what a great Valentine's day present from Noah. I know it meant a lot to you.

teetsels said...

This made my hair stand up on my arms and put a big smile on my face. He's coming a long way and boy you should be so proud of him.