Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting off the smack

The older I get the more I learn to loathe New Years, all the reflecting and goal making, blah, blah, blah. Nothing like listing to skinny biotches making resolutions to lose weight when you are a fat ass, to make you even more depressed.

But of course they do get you thinking. So I decided in addition to my resolutions post, I would add one more...I am TRYING to give up McDonalds and Burger King. Like TOTALLY give them up. I am not sure what it says about the "food" at these places, but I am going through withdrawals. Is it wrong to drool when driving by them?

Here's the thing, I don't even like the food. You know I love to cook and as someone who cooks, I know the food tastes BAD. Even worse is, it makes me sick. Literally sick. Every. Single. Time. I eat there. Yet? I still was eating it wayyyy too much. I am ashamed to admit just how much. Let just say more than twice a week.

Eventually I would like to give up all fast food, for now I am weaning off a few at a time. I will still allow myself chicken tacos from Taco Hell (hold the gooey stuff), Chick-fil-a sandwiches, and the occasional pizza.

I eat fairly well at home. In the last year I have switched the family away from premade processed crap, to more real whole foods. I don't drink alcohol, coffee, or soda so I dont have to give that up. It's this one thing, one HUGE keeping me from being healthy.

Let's see if my will power is stronger than whatever smack they put in those fries.

3 comments:

BNM said...

Good luck!! Im trying to give up my faves too (dont mind my picture its very old as I wont dare get in front of a camera now until I get back to that size lol)
Anyways I wish you the best on giving up "the smack"

Brittney McLain
http://brittneymclain.blogspot.com

fidget said...

you can do it!

BNM said...

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I know about ratemyprofessors.com and usually rely on it but when my school has a new teacher they just put A. Staff next to the class and all the others were filled so I had no choice. I am going to try to bear through it this time! LOL! Good luck with your classes :) & thanks for stopping by as well!