Saturday, January 23, 2010

22 days

I went 22 days without eating crappy food. In those days, I felt better. I hadn't been sick to my stomach after eating. I felt less depressed. I felt healthier.

Then I fell of the wagon. I didn't break my no McDonalds or Burger King rule, but I had a cheeseburger and fries from Steak and Shake. I thought it wouldn't be too bad since they don't put sugar in their fries or ammonia in the burgers.

Holy hell was I wrong.

Don't get me wrong, it tasted pretty yummy, but I knew it was a mistake within 20 minutes. The horrible stomach pains were back. I was sick all night. Also, not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I had my first panic attack in a few weeks.

After feeling better for weeks this was a wake up call. It's not even about losing weight anymore (though I need to). It's about feeling better.

So it's back on the wagon for me. And Steak and Shake is added to the list of places I am not going to eat.

8 comments:

Chibi Jeebs said...

Been there, done that, and suffered for it later! :(

Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon (and have stayed off) when I met The Man-Thing. I'm trying *really* hard to get us to no fast food (we used to dine out a lot: I'm trying to "encourage" a once a month deal (sit-down restaurant, not McPukes), both for our pocketbooks AND for our waistlines), but it's a hard habit to break, especially when one of us used to eat fast food AT LEAST once a day. *shakes head* SO bad.

mom2nji said...

I know what you mean. I am working on getting the kids off of it now too. There are healthier fast food options, but I would like to get rid of those eventually too! The first 2 weeks were ROUGH. I craved the crap constantly and kinda went through withdrawals.

fidget said...

I have faith in you, Jenni

Sarah R said...

I'm not sure I could live without McGriddles. There, I said it!

But I've been going through a smoothie phase, and think I need to buy a new blender in order to keep up. Mr. R's mom broke mine...of course. I have been craving blueberries and raspberries lately...what is wrong with me?!?!

mom2nji said...

Sarah,
having my tooth break from a mcgriddle was enough to cure me from wanting those ever again.
Berries are in season and so yummy.

April said...

i fell off the wagon this week too :-(

Unknown said...

I hate wagons. I feel like all I do is fall off of them. And eating healthy?! BLAH!!! I know I need to, though...it sounds like it's working well for you!!

Woo222 said...

Ugh sounds terrible. I fall off the wagon sometimes too. It would help if the people who do the grocery shopping would stop buying real butter. I didn't eat fastfood for 8 years and then one day had McDonalds and was SERIOUSLY ILL afterwards too. Make sure you treat yourself to something tasty once in a while, though, even if it is just something borderline naughty. And be kind to you, cuz I love you.