Thursday, June 11, 2009

I have a dirty little secret...

literally

I hate housework.

I suck at housework.

If it weren't for my obsessively tidy husband (or as I like to call ANAL RETENTIVE), I wouldn't clean at all these days. Things are worse than usual, I have been hurt for going on two months now. I still have a hard time walking, so doing chores like mopping are out of the question. However, I am finally able to vacuum using a crutch and hobble around to get the piles of crud cleaned up.

The boys are on day four of summer vacation and the house is folding like a deck of cards. I try to follow all the organizational tips; the playroom has a toy box for each boy, their rooms SHOULD only have their beds/bedding and their dressers, the main living room is off limits for play ect.

The problem is, my kids (esp Noah) can make a mess with anything. Noah likes to shred paper EVERYWHERE; phone books, toilet paper, you name it...yesterday it was a roll of blue streamers left over from Isaiah's birthday.

I just can't keep up.

I have gone to tons of play dates to see beautiful, tidy, and organized houses. How the heck do you do it? I must have missed the class they give mommies where they tell you how to keep house.

As a matter of survival with the above mentioned clean freak husband, I try, I really do. I live under constant stress to keep my house clean/passable,and I wonder if it is all that important in the end. Now I don't mean letting get to the point the board of health is involved, just not worry about the house looking like company is coming everyday.

What do you think? Is your house perfect all the time? Or is cleaning on the bottom of your priority list?

P.S
The boys are responsible for cleaning up their toys and making their beds.

4 comments:

Tatiana said...

Cleaning is at the VERY bottom of my priority list. I could be cleaning now, but I'm commenting on blogs instead. My husband would freak.

He called me earlier today and asked me to clean up some, because the house is (seriously) a mess. I wish I had the drive to clean, because I do really hate how sloppy our house looks, and it's not gonna fly when Maia can actually move, and I'm going to have to play catch up at that time...

... Ugh. Fuck. I hate cleaning.

CheekySweetie said...

I hate it, too. Except when I'm pissed, bc then I am like superwoman, making everything in her path spotless. My family would rather me be happy and the house be kinda messy than me be angry and the house be spotless, which works for me, too.

Now, with work, blogging, and school complicating the already chaotic life of a mom to four, I am still working on getting a routine down. But once upon a time I whipped my home and family into shape fairly easily following Flylady.net. I need to just pull myself up by the bootstraps and do it again...but...
Today my excuse is that I am sick. I'll get back to you about tomorrow's excuse. *grin*

Sarah R said...

Ugh, I go both ways. Right now, my house is a wreck and I am dying to not be working so I can clean it. I do like cleaning. What I don't like is when Hurricane Boy Children come behind me to undo it. Then I go postal. My hubby is also a neat freak, and no matter what I do, it's generally not up to his standards. Which leaves me wondering "Why bother?" and then I don't.


*confession* I have eaten dinner over the sink to avoid making dishes for myself.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I think we are the same person. I abhor doing any sort of housekeeping. I try sometimes, but my neat freak husband usually picks up the slack. Our house is still far from clean though. We're moving in August, so it'll be a fresh start.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate all the support!