Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baby Gear

I am a pretty low maintenance kinda mom. We are not getting a crib set, heck we aren't getting a crib. Arabella will be in the adorable pack and play my sister got us, until she out grows it. We have the usually travel system (also from my sister, she is crazy generous) and clothes (a lot, damn girl stuff is cute!). We are planning on using cloth diapers and I REALLY hope to breastfeed.

You would think with kid number four, I would have all this down, but a lot has changed in the 6 years since I had Isaiah! I am thinking we will need a swing and a bouncy seat, but I am wondering about how these will work around 3 rowdy boys and a 1yo lab.

I think the swing will be fine, but I can't fathom putting her on the ground in a bouncy seat. Milo is the sweetest dog, he would never hurt anyone or anything on purpose, but he is huge and still a puppy and doesn't quite know his own size.

So mommas with dogs, is it worth it to get a bouncy seat?

And since I am rusty let me know your baby gear must haves!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I didn't have a bouncy seat. The best thing I bought was a Miracle Blanket. I'd still use it now if I could.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

Smooch

Abbie said...

Liam and I hated the bouncy seat... The cat used it mostly.

I absolutely adored my boppy pillow though. Liam still sleeps with it. Make sure to get covers for it too (or if you get one, just tell me... lol)

Ashlee said...

We had a swing when both kids were newborn but we didn't buy a bouncy/activity chair until they were older. The swing was a wonderful investment. The bouncy chair was awesome for later in life when they wanted something other than Mommy and Daddy to entertain them. I agree about the boppy but a lot of times I just grabbed a pillow and that worked well, too. This might sound stupid but I was(am) a germaphobe. For babies born anywhere near the cold weather months a must-have(for me) at least were mittens. I put them on the babies when I had to take them in public and it kept them warm but also kept people from touching their hands. I hated that perfect strangers wanted to touch my newborn's hands. Gross!!

Ronda said...

We have a swing and a bouncy seat. The swing is in the living room, since that is where we are most of the time. I used the bouncy seat in the bathroom, so I could put the baby in something while I showered. It's not necessary but if you can get a second hand one or borrow one, it's nice. I have an Ergo carrier that I use everyday for carrying my baby, he's heavy! Good luck with breastfeeding! If you can attend a La Leche League meeting before you give birth, they can help answer any questions you have. It's a great resource for after baby arrives too, you can find a local meeting online. http://www.llli.org/web/florida.html

Their support and help allowed me to successfully nurse both my babies! Good luck!