Thursday, November 26, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree part 1

Christmas is coming!!

It's our little family's tradition to bring home our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. I would have it up already, but dh is mean about such things. He thinks Thanksgiving should have its own holiday without Christmas infringing on it, blah blah blah. He is right, I just want my tree.

Ahhh the tree. I have a little problem when it comes to picking out the tree. My poor dh had no idea what he was getting into that first Christmas, 12 years ago. It was just us back then and it took me close to an hour to pick the tree. I settled on a 9 foot tall blue spruce. The problem with that? Our THIRD story apartment only had 8 foot ceilings. He had to drag that thing up three flights of stairs and attempt to stand it up. Once it was in the stand, leaning over to the side, since we could not stand it up all the way, we cut the ties. That sucker shot all over the house ala National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We cut a foot off the top, stood it up straightish and it took over half our little living room. I LOVED that tree.

Over the years, I got a bit better with the whole spacial reasoning and pick out a tree that actually fits in our house. But I still driving him nuts! We spend at least 30 mins open, shaking out, and comparing trees. And when I say we, I mean he does all the work, while I carefully inspect them all. God only knows how he puts up with me!

Tomorrow is tree day! Be on the look out for a picture filled post!

No comments: